Singapore Design Week is here! And i assume, iLight is part of it. This year iLight Marina Bay features 28 innovative and environmentally sustainable light art installation From around the world. The Marina Bay waterfront has been transformed into a magical space of light and color for public from now till 30 March 2014!
To promote an environmentally-responsible behaviour for a sustainable future, the participating artists have incorporated the use of recyclable materials and adopted energy-efficient lighting technologies in the creation of their stunning light art installations.
and my 10 favourite light installations are:
10. Joujou-ours by Uno Lai (Taiwan)
9. Floating Hearts by Travesias De Luz (Spain)
8. Digital Wattle by Out of the Dark (New Zealand)
7. Celebration of Life by Justin Lee with Dorier Asia Pte Ltd (Singapore & Switzerland)
6. 3D Tic tac Toe by Angela Chong & Sonny Windstrup (Singapore & Denmark) — yes, you can really play it!!
5. The Guardian Angels by Maro Avrabou & Dimitri Xenakis (Greece & France)
5. Giant Dandelions by Olivia d’Aboville (Philippines & France)
4. #WeHeartLight by Light Collective (UK) — love the details in each box!
3. Cloud by Caitlind r.c. Brown & Wayne Garrett (Canada)
2. The Pool by Jen Lewin Studio (USA)
1. 1.26 Singapore by Janet Echelman (USA) — Singapore version of aurora
iLight Marina Bay Waterfront
7 – 30 March 2014
730p – 11p